Okay so a good number of you have expressed your interest in the story I have playing around with and have asked me to write something more than just small snippets that I put into my model entries. So I was wondering if you (as a collective whole) would rather have like a story plot/timeline/terms and town/townspeople introduction sort of thing first then small chapters or just have me submit chapters/snippets? I am very scattered with this project and haven’t really done much other than create a basic outline, but if you really want to read this then I will work on it.
It wasn’t often that Ione accepted the invitations to the many Balls hosted at Court for several reasons. The main one being that she hated just about everyone who attended these sorts of functions and hated to deal with the falseness of it all. The fake happy greetings and the fake compliments over what each other were wearing and how they styled their hair (and don’t get her started on those who wore the ridiculous wigs). Yet here she was; dressed up in some turquoise number with pearls stitched into her bodice and far too many ruffles for her liking.
As soon as she made it to the main floor she found one of the waiters walking around with a tray of champagne and downed a glass before taking another one and walking around the outside edge. She smiled and nodded politely in greeting but refused to actually stop to talk to people. If it wasn’t for Vera demanding that she made an appearance this early spring eve, Ione would have been back at her shop dressed in something much more comfortable and reading a good book! And where in the world was Vera for crying out loud!? Ione grumbled to herself as she accepted another glass of champagne before finding a seat at one of the many tables scattered around the room.
“Already on glass number three are we?” Ione knew that condescending voice anywhere. Without looking away from the dance floor she kicked out the seat next to her.
“You kept me waiting, Tolr.” Ione smirked. “Besides one needs to be at a healthy amount of drunkenness to survive these sorts of events. You of all people should know that.”
The rich laugh of Vera Tolr drew attention from across the room as the purple haired beauty sat down across from Ione.
“I am sorry to have kept you waiting, Conley, but I had matters with the King that needed to be sorted out. I’m sure you would understand. Then again you have been away from Court for several years…”
Ione stuck her tongue out (in a very unladylike manner) but smiled nonetheless. The two sat in a comfortable silence for a few songs before Ione spoke up again.
“Why exactly did you demand my presence here tonight? It’s not like it’s the Beltane Festival or the Queen’s Birthday Ball. Nothing of importance is happening and yet you send me this ridiculous dress and threaten me with force if I did not attend.”
Vera pursed her lips together and glanced around before answering.
“I am only going to say this one, Conley, so you better listen carefully. It pains me more than I think possible for you to imagine to have to ask you of all people for this, but I need your help. And this was the only way I can think of that we could talk without causing a stir. Well at least too much of one.”
Holy crap I actually wrote a mini scene for a change!!
Anyway, here is my entry for round 4 with my model Ione Conley. Her dress was rather difficult for me to recreate so please don't hate me for what sort of monster dress I made. I tried.
The original: www.dancewearworks.com/v/vspfi…
Challenge Group: Models-Galore
Challenge Host: ForeverThirteen
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I AM MISSING ANYONE
So I’ve had a Toyhouse account for maybe a year now, and while I really like how it has helped me keep my characters organized I really don’t understand how to code up a good looking character page. I know that I need to get a premium account to make the background page be colorful and whatnot, but how do I make/build a basic but functioning and good looking character page?
(Does that make any sense?)
I guess I’m looking for tips and tricks for how to make a good looking CSS/HTML character page.
Anyone got any ideas?
As you could probably tell from my username, I am a true Ginger and I love to dance, but those facts are only a small part of who I am. So to tell you more about myself in what little space I have, I’ve decided to make a list of what I think you should know about me. So here is goes:
1. I love sitting down with a good book. I love reading and it gives me a place to disappear into.
2. Since I love to dance so much I love all kinds of music… well everything but Rap
3. I have a soft spot for any guy with a British, Australian, or Irish accent. That and That half smile guys have. You know the one that’s crooked and only used when they know they’re right.
4. I’m a huge fan of DCI (for those who don’t know what that is look it up!) And a little motto of mine is that: Nothing is sexier than a Trumpet (either screaming or not) solo or a solid Drumline lick.
5. I work at the Texas Renaissance Festival. I dress up as an Elf and I dance ^^
6. Some of my favorite bands include: The Beatles, McFLY, Dave Patterson, The Cavaliers, Tartanic, & Tae Yang.
7. I’m a bookworm
8. If I ever make it to Hogwarts, I would be in the Slytherin House. But because of my looks people will think that I’m a Weasley.
9. I follow/participate/believe in the Faradome ar' Yenearsira (Summer & Winter Solstice) as well as the Sheelala, Ehtele'mele, ar' Yavieba (Spring Festival, Vernal Equinox & Autumnal Equinox.) I consider myself a child of the Goddess ( in some religions the term used would be God) and I practice in a mix of Druidry and Wicca.
10. I want to see the world. Not just fly over it, but actually travel throughout the world. Learning the languages, meeting the people, seeing the animals, actually living. So that when I die I can say that I lived my life to its fullest.
11. I am a Scorpio. You have been warned.
12. Some nicknames I’ve gotten throughout the years are: Daywalker/Nightwalker, Red, Ginger, Vixen, Elf-girl, Care bear, & Phoenix
13. I have three favorite colors: Black, Blue & Purple (mainly dark shades of purple)